Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2022

Creature Mihi

 In class he have been learning about writing about different types of creatures and doing a mihi for 




          Kingdom:  Animal                     

Phylum:    Annelid

Class:       Clitellata

Order:      Hirudinea

Suborder:  Hirudinea

Infraorder:

Superfamily: Euhirudinea

Family: hirudidae

Common name: 


Ko Wai au?

ko  Putahi toku mounga, ko Omapare toku roto, my land is rainforests but I am in New Zealand too.

I am found in weedy streams and lakes, I am also found in protected places, I am related to earth worm I even look like one,I am different to other annelids because I am a segmented worm, I have no legs and no hard skeleton, I am divided into many little segments, like rings joined together. 


I have simple eyes which detect light and dark, rough shapes and motion. I can trace my lineage back through Euhirudinea,  invertebrate, my common name is Hirudo medicinalis. My latin name is sanguisuga(sang-gwes-sue-gah) my full name is Hirudinea I am a blood sucking worm basically. 

What am I?




No comments:

Post a Comment